Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How Hot in October?

Oy! Is it hot here! The last few days have raised the mercury to between 77 and 82 degrees - and it's humid. It's October for hell's sake. It's sick. I tried putting away all our spring and summer clothes in bins and storing them in the attack, but I've had to tap into them to dress Olivia and myself for this weather.

The sun was so bright and hot the babies needed sunhats and my fair haired little girl needed long sleeves so she wouldn't burn.
This night, the temperature dropped way down and it was a frigid 65, so I had to break out the long sleeves and hats for the babies.


I as waiting for a cold, rainy day to break out these new paints, but that day may never come, so I dug out an old shirt and my little artist went to work.


It was a hot and humid 80 last night and you know what comes with heat and humidity...mosquitoes. And what one has, the other must have, so...
These gorgeous summer PJ's are from her 2 uncles. They brought them back from Vietnam for her and she wears them to death. I guess it's goodbye to the feeties for now.
Olivia has been trying to perfect her bike-riding skills. Notice the short sleeve tshirt and the jeans rolled up to prevent overheating.
She is a real pro at pedaling, but has yet to master steering and braking.

10 comments:

DM & C said...

I could just squeeze them they are so cute! Emma in that hat is priceless, and Jake looks like Callie so much when she was a baby! Makes us miss you all so much! Can't wait til the holidays to take a trip!

K J and the kids said...

That is great. I can't believe you are in the middle of a heat wave back East.
Toni brought the heat with her. I kicked her ask in basketball yesterday in a tank top. HOLY SHIT !

Poor little mosquito bites :(

LOVE Olivia riding her bike.....but LOVED the camera man watching the near possible tragedy unfold without even a slight shake with the camera :)
THAT is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Kids - so cute!!! Everytime I see pictures of them - I just wanted to drive up and take them along with me...

Ouch - hate those mosquitoes bite!

K - nice try!!!

You know the fact! I beat you badly!!! You have to shallow your pride and tell the truth...

Denise said...

So cute.

Unknown said...

Love the pics! Great family.

Holly said...

Love the pictures!! They are so cute! Sorry about the mosquito bites though.

Can you believe the weather?!! Then we got a dose of reality yesterday! And this morning, I actually had frost on my car!

MD&B said...

looks like summer time! the kids are adorable!

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to still have warm weather.. I would love to still be enjoying the "sun" and outdoor activities..
I loved the pictures of your BEAUTIFUL children.. Really, they are perfect!
Laughed at the video.. Too cute! Good job Olivia!

R said...

Your children are adorable!! I loved your story. Thanks for sharing it on here so we can all have hope that one day it will happen...

K J and the kids said...

gosh as it's the middle of November I'm kind of wondering what the weather is like now ?