Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's a Lie!

Pennies do NOT make slugs spark and die. In a conversation with my brother, during which he inferred, sweetly, that I'm a wacko (he read the slug blog), he informed me that pennies are no longer made of copper, and, therefore, would not make the slimy bastards spark.

Now somewhere in the back of my mind I knew this; behind more important knowledge like how to clean spit up from the sofa, how to change a diaper while the baby is still in the carseat, how to prop the bottle just so with a blanket while the baby is eating because you have to pee so bad because your bladder and other "stuff" is so shot from having 3 babies that you can't hold it for more than 2 hours at a time and you wet your underwear when you laugh or sneeze or cough, how to wash dishes with one hand while stirring the mac and cheese so it won't burn and stick to the bottom of the pot and you have to order pizza for dinner again, but it will take too long so you decide on cheese sandwiches but there's no bread left so you say, "Fine, have cereal".

Anyyway, we caught another slug last night. So I pulled out the video camera and filmed the sequel to "Drunken Slugs". We put it in a container with pennies and it didn't spark, so we poured salt on it and the sucker dried up like... (I had something so funny to write, but it was completely rude and inappropriate, though it may resonate with some of you, so I didn't write it.) Don't ask me - I won't do it!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

How disappointing! I say you go to Home Depot and pick up a few sheets of real copper and see them spark! BTW-I have a lot of that "mommy" knowledge too.

Babykins said...

Ohhh I want to see the FDB's spark, so cool hope you video. I can relate to the multi tasking. BTW my boys love mac n cheese. I buy it by the case. From 11mo to 18mo Baby would have a few pieces of a smashed cheese sandwich every night along with his dinner or he would complain. My boys love cereal for dinner, they think it's a special treat and Mama is wonderful, hee heee.

K J and the kids said...

REALLY ! I'm sure you could find an OLDER penny that is made from copper and do something naughty.
Where is the video. Are you going to post it.

There is a devilish side to you that I was not aware of.
I'm pretty sure you would be in level 7 or 8 now.

P.S. PLEASE tell me what you were going to compare the salty little bastard to.

Holly said...

the salt works like a charm, doesn't it!??!