Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The 7 Wonders of Me

OK, so K tagged me and I will now reveal 7 things about myself that you don't already know.
I haven't been blogging for long, so there is still so much to tell. Here goes...

1. I'm bisexual. I'm sure the assumption was that I'm a lesbian because I've made my life with a woman, but, actually, my wife is the 1st and only woman I have ever been with. I dated men my whole life and never really thought about women in a sexual way. But when I met Cindy, we just clicked. I knew this was it. Now everybody get up off the floor and read on.

2. I was a cutter. When I was in my late teens and early 20's, I was still dealing with some "stuff" and found the only way to relieve the pain was to cut. I had been to therapy several times up until then and it never really seemed to help. I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to heal myself from the inside out and was able to stop that and a few other destructive behaviors.

3. I was adopted. Though she tried many times, my mom couldn't carry a pregnancy to term, so she and my dad adopted my brother, and then me 2 years later. We are not biological siblings, but that never stopped us from fighting like crazy when we were young. It wasn't until my mom died that we were able to really get to know each other and now, I am sorry for all those years we spent not being close. Now I am so grateful that we are true friends. He is an amazing guy and I love him so much.

4. My brother is gay. Isn't that a hoot? Adopted, not biologically related, yet both siblings end up in homosexual relationships. You know my parents are up there asking God if this is some kind of practical joke.

5. I love Christian pop and country music. I know! I know! I can't help myself. No defense.

6. I had a breast reduction when I was 19. I m 5'2" and was a 34DDD. The muscles in my shoulders and back were shot. I played soccer and actually had to tape my breasts down so they wouldn't move. After the surgery I was a perky 34C. NICE! However, 17 years, 1 lumpectomy and 2 pregnancies later, I'm a saggy 34D on the left and a droopy 34C on the right. Maybe one day I'll get them taken care of. Oh, to dream!

7. I was in the Gifted and Talented program in school from 3rd grade until high school. Now, I was never the smart one, that was my brother. But, apparently my teachers knew something my parents didn't. They always told me that my brother was book smart (understatement of grand proportion - he's a genius) and I was "street smart", that I was the one with common sense. Of course, they later recanted that statement when I reached my teens and started doing dumb stuff.

OK, that's it. Now that you know me better, do you still want to be my friend?

9 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I TOTALLY want to be your friend. (even though I knew most of this already)
HOWEVER !!!! If we have margaritas in your backyard....there will be NOOOOO playing of the christian or country music. :)
I actually like some Country. Mostly old stuff because my dad always listened to it. I consider Rascal Flatts and some of the American Idol winnders to be country and their songs play on pop stations...so I guess I like some new too.
Once drunk we can sing 'I've got friends in low places' and everything will be good !
Thanks for sharing.
I feel so close to you our kids could be related ! :) ha ha

hotomiky said...

Still be your friend!!!! I love all different kind of people!!!! Make the life more interesting!!!

thanks for sharing... Nice to get know you more...

:o)

K J and the kids said...

P.S That is great you are so smart....I was so blown away by the size of your big gay boobs that I forgot to mention it.
Way to go. On both accounts.

Stef said...

you sound alot like me:)

I was the street smart sibling in our family too :)


I'll totally be your friend ( CHRISTIAN MUSIC???? I DON'T THINK SO!!)))
country music ok... :)

ECand3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ECand3 said...

Thanks everyone for still wanting to be my friend. The Christian music isn't so bad - if it had different words, it could be on MTV - really.

ECand3 said...

Thanks everyone for still wanting to be my friend. The Christian music isn't so bad - if it had different words, it could be on MTV - really.

K J and the kids said...

So about the wonders of you....I'm wondering where you are ? :)
Hope everything is going well at your house full of babies.

A Day In The Life said...

I too was a cutter and therapy didnt help either but when I met Jay (fiancee) she helped me to stop. She told how can you hurt the person I love.....